This September 17-18th, the TGC community has an exciting opportunity to learn together for two days from Andy Crouch, a transformative teacher and thought leader that has shaped our pastors and congregation deeply. Q Sessions | Imagebearer will explore what it means to bear the image of God in culture today. This is just a taste of what we participants will learn:
- Ground your understanding of culture, creativity and leadership in the biblical categories of image bearing
- Learn why evangelism and social action must always go together
- Identify systems of idolatry and injustice in your own life and cultural or ministry context
- Discover practices that leverage your power for the benefit of others
- Learn how to address cultural issues of privilege and status, race and gender
- See how identifying and celebrating the good in culture is more effective than cultural criticism
- Understand why so many effective social movements (the end of apartheid, American Civil Rights, the movement against human trafficking) involve both the “powerful” and the “powerless”
This event is hosted by Q Ideas, an organization founded by Gabe Lyons who is a part of the Trinity Grace Church Tribeca community. Trinity Grace Church is partnering with Q to provide a $200 scholarship towards those who would like to attend by using the Promotional Code: TGCfriend when registering (reduces price to $375). The event takes place at the American Bible Society on 61st and Broadway beginning at 11AM on 9/17 and concluding at 5pm on 9/18.
You can visit the website to learn more.